Looking for a low carb side dish? Look no further because this creamed spinach recipe is a healthy and easy choice!
I’m a big vegetable eater and I absolutely love spinach. Creamed spinach is one of my favorite sides. When I was a child, my mom made spinach with potato and onion all mashed up. Needless to say it was not my favorite.
Today I present to you my tried and tested, and all time favorite creamed spinach.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper.
- Saute garlic in 3 tablespoons butter. Mix in spinach and cook on low, covered, about 5 minutes.
- In another pot, mix 1 tablespoon butter with cottage cheese, milk, and parmesan. Cook on medium heat until cheese is melted. Whisk until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cheese sauce to cooked spinach. You can eat as is or make ahead to reheat at a later stage.